Tuesday, March 3, 2020

God Will Fix It!



Isaiah 55:6-7(NLT)
“Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously.”


No one would argue that a broken heart is a very difficult kind of pain to overcome. When our physical bodies ache, the first thing on our minds is to grab something to soothe the pain—something that will make us feel better as quickly as possible. It’s a little different with a broken heart. Some people panic when that first wave of fall-out emotions hits their consciousness. It’s a shocker if you’ve never experienced it before, and even though there are stages that ultimately lead to healing, the initial shock sends many of us bolting to the next person. We think they will take the heartache away, or at least help num the pain.

Personally, I was so repelled by the pain that hearing about meeting another man was the last thing on my mind. For a good long while, I avoided relationships like the plague. I knew I couldn’t remain in my silo of solitude forever, but I was nervous about meeting someone new. The thought of having to take a chance with my heart being broken again was too much for my mind to conceive.

As I was licking my wounds from a terribly hurtful breakup, of course I dove into God’s Word for comfort. There’s nothing like the healing that comes from the scriptures. Hebrews 4:12 (NLT) says, “For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.” God's Word is alive. It is the bread of life! As we read the Word of God, His Spirit does a work on the inside of us, and through the Word, the Lord helps us in ways we cannot begin to quantify.

Back in the day, at the tender age of fourteen, I learned that my high-school crush didn’t feel the same way about me as I did about him. My heart was broken into a thousand little pieces, and I cried for weeks. My grandmother had no patience for theatrics, but she could see that I was hurting really bad. One day she said to me, “leave it in God’s Hands, baby; He’ll fix it.” Her words soothed my heart and soul because I knew that she was speaking from experience. God had done for her what she knew He’d do for me.

God’s love is the only lasting remedy for pain. He tells us through the prophet, Isaiah, to seek Him while He can be found. He never hides from us, but often we hide from Him. We bury ourselves in the pain and distance ourselves from His healing. We do this through our unbelief. For whatever reasons, a broken heart causes us to think that our pain is greater than God's love, and this can never be true. We can call on the Lord at any time, and He will rescue us, but we must trust in Him. Psalm 147:3 tells us that He heals the brokenhearted and He binds up their wounds. If we will continue to pray, and if we remember that healing is a process the Lord will walk us through, we’ll see that the Lord will fix it, because He causes everything to work together for our good.■


Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

 “God Will Fix It”, written by Kim for https://rescuefromdomesticviolence.blogspot.com© 2020. All rights reserved. All praise and honor to God through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unresolved Hurt

  After a recent conversation with a woman about her fiancĂ©, she realized she’s carrying a load of unresolved pain from her past relations...