Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Don’t Turn Away from Me

Psalm 144: 7; Come quickly, Lord, and answer me, for my depression deepens.  Don’t turn away from me, or I will die.  8; Let me hear of our unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you.  Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. 9; Rescue me from my enemies, Lord; I run to you to hide me. 10; Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.

When you need a rescue, it’s a now or never kind of urgency.  The opportunity to make the choice is ours to make and our Heavenly Father has left the door open for us to walk through it.  Whether we realize it or not, there will soon come a time where we will have to make a decision to either love the Lord, or love the world.

The choice to run to Him is completely ours with absolutely no pressure, and as times continue to become more and more perilous, we will need to have every assurance that we have a refuge in God.  When tribulation paints the opposite picture of the verse in Psalms, Christians that suffer from the pressures of life, will feel likely succumb to what’s comfortable and go the opposite direction of God’s love.  But this should be the very last thing we should ever think to do.


Being on this Christian journey affords you the opportunity to see and experience tribulation up close and personal.  Tribulation presses you to draw closer to God but it’s in the struggle that you see God’s love stronger, for it says in 2 Corinthians 12:8; My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

The apostle Paul was able to boast in his weakness because this is when God was glorified, through him.  Paul was going through some horrible times and he had many enemies, so much so, that he prayed often for God to remove the “thorns in his flesh”, but God knew that Paul needed to lean on Him and not be so concerned about the people that wanted to see him suffer.

There may be some of you that probably have encountered folks who would like nothing more than to see you suffer. But as the elders in my church would say, “With God on your side, you can never fail”.  When we don’t trust God through our tough times, we separate ourselves from God through a lack of faith in His love for us. Doubt is one of our biggest enemies and a lot of times, many Christians are not thinking about the love of God, they’re thinking about getting rest from the harshness that the toils of life bring in our every-day life.

God tells us we don’t ever have to be unhappy, sad or depressed if we would only come to him with all of our stuff. Jesus Christ said anytime we have fears, worries or tumultuous situations, to leave it with him.  God wants us to get it in our core that we are powerful individuals, life doesn’t have to beat us down in order for us to get this truth, but some of the most seasoned

Christians have a difficult time surrendering and letting go and allowing God to handle their problems.  Just as pain is a calling card for change, so is the revelation that we can't be afraid to do the grunt work on the inside of us in order to live the victorious life that our Lord and Savior died on the cross for us to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unresolved Hurt

  After a recent conversation with a woman about her fiancé, she realized she’s carrying a load of unresolved pain from her past relations...