Tuesday, August 6, 2024

I Won’t Stop Trusting God

 


Life certainly presents its share of challenges, something I fully realized one evening when I had a painful argument with my now ex-husband. As usual, he was settled into his lounge chair when I came home from work, ready to pick a fight. Silence and avoidance might not seem like abuse, but when you're married and living together with children, it can be one of the most hurtful forms.

In times like these, I cling to the promise of Christ in John 16:33 (NLT): “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” This journey through life is often marked by trials and sorrows, especially in our most significant relationships. The hateful behaviors, passive aggression, and spitefulness can cut like a knife. Despite the trials, we can trust that God’s peace and strength will guide us through these storms, and He never fails.

As a communicator, I find it incredibly difficult to remain silent for long periods, so enduring my husband’s intentional silence was absolute torture. His refusal to speak was his way of punishing me for something he didn’t like. While I didn’t think much of it during our dating years, his behavior ultimately over-burdened our marriage. My opinions, our differences, and even the air I breathed seemed to annoy him at times. Rather than talking about it, he stopped speaking to me for months on end. Those were some of the loneliest times of my life. I wanted desperately to engage with my partner, but he seemed to value punishing me more than loving me. It ended up being a very dark place, and this is not want God wants for anyone.

James 1:2-3 (NLT) is a verse that really hits home: “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.” True growth begins during challenging times. It’s through these trials that we learn to trust God. When in your heart you desire nothing more than to love and be loved by your spouse, being mistreated by them a spouse is shockingly hurtful. You ask the Lord, “How much more must I endure?” But it is precisely during these moments of testing that our faith is strengthened, and our relationship with God deepens.

In these moments of struggle, it can be helpful to remember that every trial is an opportunity for transformation. As we navigate the difficulties in our relationships and personal lives, we are invited to lean into God's grace and find strength in His promises. Each challenge can become a steppingstone towards greater endurance and understanding. Philippians 4:13 (NLT) reveals, “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength,” By relying on God’s strength, we can face problems, disappointments, and stressful situations with greater resilience. He will light the path to greater blessings and hope if we resolve in our minds and hearts, “I won’t stop trusting God!” Through our faith in Him, we’ll discover that even in the midst of pain, God is with us, fueling our hope and renewal.

As we push through these tough times, remember that every struggle is a chance for growth and a step closer to something better. Each challenge helps us lean into God’s strength and rediscover the extent to which He’s empowered us through the Holy Spirit to overcome every obstacle. Keep pushing forward with faith, knowing that every trial is shaping you for greater things. Trust that God’s got your back, lighting the way even when the path seems unclear. These moments are building something amazing in you. In the end, you’ll come out stronger, clinging more tightly to God, and ready for the blessings that lie ahead. ■

Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

“I Won't Stop Trusting God”, written by Kim for https://rescuefromdomesticviolence.blogspot.com© 2024. All rights reserved. All praise and honor to God through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Actions - His Response

I don’t know about you, but while growing up, I heard the saying, “Actions speak louder than words” countless times from my grandmother. I...