Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Waiting is Not Weakness

 


 Psalm 27:14 (NLT)
“Wait patiently for the 
Lord.  Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

 Waiting has never been one of my strengths. One time my sister scheduled a hair appointment for my birthday and when she told me that I would be in the salon for a few hours, I told her to cancel. “ Why can’t you just be patient and wait sometimes.” While I was very thankful and appreciative that she thought enough to do something so sweet for me, the thought of sitting hours to get my hair done was too overwhelming.

There are times in life when we are in situations that require us to be brave and courageous through the process of allowing our Lord to work on our behalf. Struggling through life and trying to figure things out can be one of those times when you want your weaknesses and difficulties in life to be over. Not understanding why your life turned out the way that it has requires patience to know the answer.

God knows the answer to every question you might have. Finding out why you married a man even when he abused you while dating – praying for strength to overcome anxiety, and the many other shortcoming that you’ve endured, requires time and patience while you figure these things out. Life is just that – a bunch of questions during the waiting process.

2 Corinthians 12: 9-10 (NLT) “Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

You’re on a path to freedom and through it all, there will be a combination of factors that will lead you to the victory you need. There are Christian believers all over the world trying to figure out the same things. They’re waiting for answers to the why! Why are there cycles of abuse in every family, why do you have to endure cycles of pain just when you thought you were free from the previous hurdle.

We have to be assured of one truth – and that is that God holds our lives in His hands. Our life is not a mistake nor our struggles. No matter what you go through, or the people you meet and establish relationships with, every experience has a lesson. You are stronger than you think and remember, God shows Himself strong in our weakness.

 Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

"Waiting is Not Weakness", written by Kim for https://rescuefromdomesticviolence.blogspot.com© 2023. All rights reserved. All praise and honor to God through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take it Away, Lord

  2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (NLT), “ Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.    Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. M...