Tuesday, June 13, 2023

The Questions You Can’t Seem to Get Answered


Jeremiah 33:3(ESV)
“Call to me and I will answer you and will tell you great and hidden things you have not known.”

Once, when I was going through a difficult time financially, I felt like I was drowning with no one to rescue me. I had been divorced for almost a year with two children to take care of. My life at the time did not resemble anything I had envisioned for myself ten years prior. Newly divorced meant that I would need to rethink the plans I once held for myself, because nothing seemed to be turning out the way I had hoped. I still loved my husband, but I was facing the reality of taking care of my children and myself. Our security felt unsteady and unreliable, and I was sinking in my mind and heart. Over and over again, often with tears strolling down my face, I asked God, “Why did you let this happen to me?”

I was bewildered with no idea why my marriage fell apart. I genuinely thought that we had achieved a unity and harmony in our marriage that other couples wished they had. How could I have gotten that so wrong? My husband wasn’t as happy as he pretended to be, and while he led me to believe our marriage was solid, for the longest time he had been waiting for an opportunity to leave. He found it when the kids went to visit their grands for the summer.

The pain wouldn’t go away, and I couldn’t shake my need to understand how things went so bad so quickly. A lot of people blame God for their sorrows. Even though I didn’t know the Lord the way I know Him today, I knew that playing the blame game was wrong and unproductive. I was looking for answers that would help me turn things around. I wanted to know how to get my husband back.  My life needed to change because I didn’t think I could go on dealing with that gaping hole in my heart.

As the divorce became complicated and at times very ugly, I was angry with God. “Where are You when I need You the most!” I’d cry out. The truth is that He was right there with me.  The psalmist said about the faithfulness of our Heavenly Father in Psalm 23:4(NIV), Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” God is with us no matter what we go through. He never promised that we wouldn’t have pain in life. Many of us are living testimonies that indeed we do. He helps us to endure the pain, and through His help, guidance, and comfort, we become spiritually stronger, and most importantly, our faith in Him grows.

God asks us to cut anxiety out of the picture, and to turn our sadness into thankfulness. He tells us Philippians 4:6 (NIV), “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” This is instruction from our Heavenly Father about how to handle the adversities of life. So, the question is never about God forsaking or abandoning us, because He will never do that. The question is always about why we are not trusting Him the way we should. It’s about our disinterest in getting to know Him better through His Word, and our failure to let Him prove that He is the only One that cannot fail.

In John 16:33(NIV), Jesus Christ said, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” Our Master Jesus didn’t hide the reality of life from us. In this world we will have trouble. Sometimes those we love the most will betray and hurt us the most, but we can’t allow this to take us down. We can have peace in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He overcame the world, and through his love, power, and strength, so can we.

God has not kept us in the dark about life in the Spirit. Through His Word, He has told us everything we need to know. We want answers about why our hearts were broken and why we were mistreated. Jesus Christ gives us this answer in John 10:10(NKJV). He said, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” In this verse, Jesus tells us that the devil is the thief, and he is in the world to steal, kill, and destroy, but through Jesus Christ, we are overcomers! So, the questions we can’t seem to get answered must not be about what the enemy has done, but about the victory that Jesus Christ has won for us. We should be asking him every day how to please God and live for Him. When this is our focus, we will live through the peace, strength, and power of Christ. ■

English Standard Version (ESV)
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.

 Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

 “The Questions You Cant Get Answered”, written by Kim for https://rescuefromdomesticviolence.blogspot.com© 2023. All rights reserved. All praise and honor to God through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unresolved Hurt

  After a recent conversation with a woman about her fiancé, she realized she’s carrying a load of unresolved pain from her past relations...