Tuesday, September 27, 2022

When We Don’t Trust God


 

Psalm 144:7-9(NLT)
"Come quickly, Lord, and answer me, for my depression deepens.  Don’t turn away from me, or I will die. 8 Let me hear of our unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you.  Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. 9 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord; I run to you to hide me. 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.”

I lost touch with Marcia when she moved to another state some years ago. I was concerned when I recently learned that she was going through a really difficult situation. Not knowing if she still had the same cell number, I decided to reach out to Marcia via text. She texted back, and I was so happy to hear from her, but I was struck by her words. They were chased and to the point. It was clear that she assumed I had heard about her financial problems and that she was dealing with a domestic violence situation. Rather than a phone call, in the text, she immediately tried to convince me that it wasn’t as bad as everyone says. It seemed that her pride was injured that I had reached out, and she wanted a “I’m handling things just fine” to be her final words to me.

For years, I’ve encouraged my friends through the Lord Jesus Christ. I’ve offered Godly wisdom and compassion, and when the people that know me have a serious problem, very often I’m the first person they call. It’s been a tremendous blessing to me over the years, because I’m passionate about being helpful in any way that I can. It’s possible that Marcia’s disappointment was so overwhelming that she wasn’t yet able to find a place for hope and didn’t want to hear anything about it. But God reminds us that we can make a much better choice than cutting hope out of the picture, and this better choice will greatly benefit our lives.

In Romans 15:13(NLT), the Apostle Paul prayed a very beautiful and powerful prayer about the hope that God gives us. He said, I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” God will never force our hand. He will not make us choose to trust Him and believe in His love. He’s left this completely up to us. God tells us to meet Him in a place of hope and faith, and He will do the rest. But if we choose to leave God out of our situations and circumstances, we’re making a huge mistake.

Our Heavenly Father has chosen us as His kids, and He wants to be involved in every aspect of our lives. He knows that we’ll make mistakes, and He will not stop loving us because we sin. Our mistakes and problems are not too big for Him, and He tells us in 2Corinthians 12:8(NLT), “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” God is always willing and able to help us, and when our world continues to spiral out of control, we can have every assurance that He has our backs. Psalm 18:30(NLT) says, “God’s way is perfect. All the LORD’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.”

The storms and troubles of life can make us feel weak, but we must remember that God is our strength from day to day. When we don’t trust God through our tough times, we separate ourselves from Him, because we don’t have faith in His love and power. Doubt is our greatest enemy, and our lack of faith causes us to fall, but when we place all our trust in God, He will never disappoint us. He said in Isaiah 41:10(NLT) says, “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”

God wants you to be victorious and happy in everything you attempt to do. He’s 100% in your corner, and with Him on your side, you cannot fail. Many of us have a difficult time surrendering and letting go. We think that if we surrender the situation over to God and take our hands off it, things might go haywire. Just the opposite is true. Jesus Christ invites us to come to him and give him all our problems. We desperately need God’s guidance, because He will lead us to peace and safety. He wants us to wholeheartedly trust him, as we remember and believe in all the wonderful blessings He’s given through the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ. God wants us to win in life, and when we believe this, He will help us to overcome and triumph over adversity. He loves us, and through the hope that Jesus Christ gives, we can choose to be overcomers through God’s strength and power. ■

Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

“When We Don't Trust God”, written by Kim for https://rescuefromdomesticviolence.blogspot.com© 2022. All rights reserved. All praise and honor to God through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unresolved Hurt

  After a recent conversation with a woman about her fiancé, she realized she’s carrying a load of unresolved pain from her past relations...